Sunday, November 1, 2009

Beyond the beltway

I've decided to stop writing at my old blogger and start fresh here. Sometimes you just need to let go and begin again. I'm beginning again.

It's the first of November and soon it will be Winter. I've never been one to hate on Winter, but this year may be my first. I am dreading the cold. My bones have been cold for months now and I can't imagine getting any colder. I suppose I have my heart to thank for this freeze.
Since Mark and I ended things, I have been a little bit of an ice queen.
November marks the one year anniversary of the ending of us. November the tenth. Imagine...it's been one year already.

I had orginally decided that when I switched blogger accounts I would leave everything behind, all the bullshit and bad feelings. but I've realized that who am I if I'm not my past? So I'll embrace it and not worry about dragging along my baggage. We all have it.

Last week I picked up a novel by a local writer, Chad Pelley. It was called Away From Everywhere and it shook me. I found the writing to be stunning. I really identified with one of the main characters, actually I identified with two main characters. I found so much of myself in Hannah and in Owen. I love when you can crawl into a book and find yourself in there.

I also have been listening to Departure Lounge a lot and it suits my moods perfectly. It's just one more thing that Ive crawled inside of and found myself there.

I've been taking a lot of photos these days too. I am finding it nice to get back into the swing of things. It's hard to be broken hearted and not want to do anything at all. I've forgotten, in the lasy year, to do the things that make me happy. For so long I only did the things that made Mark happy and then I did nothing.
It's great to be back.

I will try to write more.

No comments:

Post a Comment